The first mention of this site is of a fortress, dating back to 1197.  It was founded by Vitek I. of Prčice, ancestor of the Lords of Hradec, Krumlov Landštejna, Rosenberg and Stráž. The fortress was wooden, (from the Czech ) which presumably also gave the name to the surrounding village of Prčice. In the mid-16th century, written memoirs were discovered that mentioned a brick-built, abandoned fortress.

Its first owners were the Rosenbergs, the Beneš and Jan from Choustník, later lords of Borotin and Lanstejnem.  At this time, the Gothic fortress was rebuilt in Renaissance style by Adam Voračickým, and in 1591 on its foundations, emerged a two-storey Renaissance building. 
The estate passed into the hands of the descendants of Adam Voračického, who sold it to the Czernin family who sold it in 1612 to theTalmberks.  In 1705 the Wallensteins bought Prčice, but ran it into debt and in 1715 they sold it to the family of Wchinitz of Wchinitz.  Ten years later, they sold it to Jan Vít Malovec of Malow, who began a major Baroque style reconstruction, designed by the architect Ignac Pree.
Extensive Classicist reconstruction was carried out in the 19th century by burgher Karel Burka, who sold the Chateau to the Economic Councillor Antonin Jan Oppelt. He sold it in 1835 on to a lawyer, Vaclav Ignatius of Eisenstein.  Around 1890 more extensive Classic renovations were made. 
In 1924 the Chateau was purchased by Jaroslav Hasek, Chief of the Skoda Works in Pilsen. Fifteen years later forced administration was imposed by the German invaders, and in 1948 it was Nationalized. During the period of Communist rule, the chateau, its surroundings and the furnishings fell into complete disrepair. In 1993 the chateau was returned to the descendants of Jaroslav Hasek and Anna Haskova. 
The responsibility for the extensive reconstruction of the building was then left to the descendants of Jaroslav and Anna.  In 1996 they started the work based on a study by Tomas Reml, architect, in partnership with conservationists, the Environmental Department of the Municipality, and with the support from the Fund for the Preservation of Architectural Heritage of the Ministry of Culture of the Czech Republic. 
The reconstruction could not have been successful without the team of collaborators, who, together with the family, are still working towards the successful completion of this extensive project.


erb1 erb3 erb5 erb7 erb9 erb11
erb2 erb4 erb6 erb8 erb10 erb12